Zoë & Ellie

Zoë (Sallie) & Ellie are two dogs whose chains of abuse were broken by a police officer in Wadley, Georgia. Their owner was charged with felony aggravated animal cruelty.
Read the Best Friends feature story on their rescue.
Zoë was adopted by a loving family in Oregon.
Ellie was adopted by this blogger's sister & bro-in-law in Atlanta.

Their story is complete.
So many others are not.
Save a Pit Bull.



Friday, October 30, 2009

Foster Bliss


November 10, 2009
It's 10 p.m. here in Bend, OR on a cold fall night and we are all winding down for the evening. We need to keep this on the down low, but since Zack has been traveling for work, Zoë has become a little bit of a bed hog. She has made herself quite at home during our bedtime ritual. While I brush and floss, Zoë climbs up into my bed and snuggles up with her head on Zack's pillow, I mean she is doing him a favor by keeping it broken in while he's out of town. She sleeps not so quietly next to me all night (she is quite the snorer) and must be coaxed out of bed in the morning. I think she's kinda liking the life of sleeping in a bed surrounded by all her buddies. Fatty and Wheelie both join us in bed and Lucy chooses to stay in her doggy bed on the floor. I think other sleeping arrangements will need to be made once Zack returns from his work travels.






From Kym

What can I say, but she is awesome! She probably thinks she's in bootcamp here, but she's a good sport about it. We wake around 6-7 a.m. every morning, go out for our morning potty break and then I have some coffee and then we are off on our morning run, yes, this includes Zoë. She holds her tail high and gets in the zone taking it all in stride. We come back for breakfast, some doggy playtime, one last potty break and then a few hours of napping while I head to work. There's some midday play and potty time and lots of evening playtime. One would think she's been here forever. I think Wheelie and Fatty both have a crush on her, Wheelie won't give her 5 minutes of peace because she wants her attention. I've been putting off posting her on Petfinder knowing that when people see her smiling face and read her bio, they'll want her all for themselves. But the time has come, it's time for Zoë to go public and find her one true forever home, but it better be a damn good one for me to let go of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment