Zoë & Ellie

Zoë (Sallie) & Ellie are two dogs whose chains of abuse were broken by a police officer in Wadley, Georgia. Their owner was charged with felony aggravated animal cruelty.
Read the Best Friends feature story on their rescue.
Zoë was adopted by a loving family in Oregon.
Ellie was adopted by this blogger's sister & bro-in-law in Atlanta.

Their story is complete.
So many others are not.
Save a Pit Bull.



Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just One of the Girls (and Sue)



Yesterday was a beautiful day. A new season is always good to remind you of good fortune and possibilities. Me and Nic brought Sallie out into the backyard to interact with our dogs for the first time. After watching her natural and easy way, I began to question just why I had waited so long. I suppose I am a worst-case-scenario thinker. In any event, as you can see from the video, she behaves naturally and clearly enjoys the freedom to gallop.

She is featured interacting with Miley (our Staffordshire Terrier adopted from Old Fella after she was rejected from two rescue group transports ostensibly because of her breed), Sue--the lone male (our Catahoula-American Staffordshire Terrier adopted from ARNO post-Katrina), and Ms. Mae (our Airedale Terrier Mix who was a shelter pull in Louisiana and also adopted from ARNO).

I look forward to that day when some person or family sits down to attach a photo of Sallie to an email and then types, "this is my new dog, adopted from All For Dogs Rescue of Central Oregon." The more time I spend with Sallie, the more I know just what an amazing dog she is and what an amazing companion she shall be. I will miss her more than I presently estimate, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment